Six Boxes® Practitioner PROGRAM
The Six Boxes® Practitioner Program builds organizational capacity to undertake significant performance improvement projects using The Six Boxes Approach.
It enables people whom we call performance professionals – including HR, HRD, training, OD, OE, process and quality specialists, and others – to execute some or all of the applications described in our Applications section by completing projects with coaching support.
Because the Six Boxes Approach is compatible with virtually any other business improvement methodology, from strategic planning to process improvement to systematic training design and delivery, it provides a powerful enhancement to the tools and methods you already use and want to retain, rather than a replacement. In some cases, it represents a significant simplification for performance improvement methodologies that have become cumbersome or difficult to implement.
Participants in the Six Boxes Practitioner Program will
- learn technical tools and methods designed to accelerate business results through powerful performance improvement,
- enhance their ability to effectively collaborate with line management,
- plan performance improvement projects of their choice using the 7-step Performance Improvement Logic , working individually or in small teams,
- demonstrate proficiency in 4 main tools used in the Six Boxes Approach, and
- execute projects that will achieve measured results, avoiding beginners’ mistakes with coaching support.
The Six Boxes Practitioner Program combines 24 hours of instruction with 4 small group coaching sessions following instruction to guide beginning practitioners through performance improvement projects of their choosing. Participants earn the designation of Six Boxes® Practitioner after completion of the program when they demonstrate correct use of the tools used in the Six Boxes Approach. Additional coaching services are available, as needed, to support projects beyond the scope of this program.
We should mention that the projects program participants undertake are often very successful and impactful in their organizations, returning to the organizations far greater value than the cost of program participation.
For more detail, download our Practitioner Program product sheet. This program was formerly called the Application Program.
WHAT USERS SAY
"Tom Gilbert said that the value of a thing can be measured by how it meets 3 criteria: parsimony, elegance, and utility. To me the Six Boxes embodies these criteria." —Director of Learning and Performance